I just got welcomed to The Sisterhood of the World! I can’t believe that after a few months into blogging, I received another bloggers’ award. Whoa. I sincerely didn’t think that people would stumble into this blog, moreover express appreciation through the form of a nomination to an award.
Let me thank Chioma from livehomeandaway.wordpress.com for the said nomination. Check out her blog for posts that talks about everything under the sun (the feel of the theme looks nice too!).
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you.
- Pass the award on to ‘N’ (as many as you want) other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Give your nominees 10 of your own questions to answer.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
Chioma’s questions (and my answers haha)
- Define sisterhood
- I believe that sisterhood is formed by a group of women with a common goal or source of motivation, with mutual respect, that strengthens their bond.
- What are your thoughts on giving false compliments? (Compliments that are not really true but are still given)
- I sincerely don’t like false flattery, in fact, I am against it. I think people should be truly honest when sharing their views and opinions.
- Are women more competitive amongst themselves than men?
- I think this can’t be generalized but somehow, I think so.
- Explain the thoughts behind the above answer.
- Growing up, I have seen women behave more gung-ho amongst themselves over reasons I cannot fathom worth their argument, whereas men would only shrug off such things.
- When a guy cheats, is the other culprit (whoever he slept with) devoid of blame?
- If the “other culprit” is aware of the guy’s status (married, in a relationship), then most definitely NO. After all, it takes two to Tango.
- Do you prefer working with a woman or man, why?
- This doesn’t bother me at all as long as the job gets to be done. I am comfortable with working with both genders. I have been tagged as one of the boys for all my life and yet I also have group of girlfriends whom I get along really well also.
- Please rephrase the sentence “Women need men…”
- Women need men as much as men need women.
- Is your blog content tailored for a particular gender?
- My blog isn’t tailored for anyone in particular, actually.
- Complete the sentence, if women ruled the world…
- Now this is interesting. I have multiple thoughts on this. First thing is that though in today’s generation, it is noticeable that world leaders tend to be men but I have this underlying thought that such strong personas are still ruled by women (wife, daughters, mothers) – making it transitive, the world is actually being run by women. BUT, somehow, such influences from essential women are not enough to create equality among genders. So, I guess if women ruled the world, the world would be a much safer place to live in. (Given the fact that women tend to be maternal in instinct)
- What does beauty mean to you?
- For me, beauty is anything that’s pleasing.
For my nominees, here are my ten questions for you gals.
- What would you do if you have been cheated on by your partner?
- What are the boundaries of a platonic relationship?
- What word would best describe you and why?
- Do you believe that the pen is mightier than the sword?
- If you get to ask your favorite author only one question, what would it be?
- How would you discipline your child?
- How do you feel about the ever advancing technology?
- You’re allowed to post just one last status on Facebook, what would you say?
- Would you rather be a rich thieving politician or an honest minimum waged worker?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given?
Here are my nominees: